Here's a very nice and clean Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II that has been completely refurbished with top quality components. This particular example is a "Factory 2nd" as it is stamped "USED" on the back of the headstock. The Shadow NanoMAG pickup has been removed and replaced with a piece of rosewood and looks nearly seamless.
The neck is straight and the truss rod functions properly. The frets have been leveled, crowned, and polished. The intonation is set and the action is low and comfortable.
All electronics have been replaced with the following:
- Golden Age Parsons Street AlNiCo V Humbuckers w/ 4-Conductor Mods
- Jimmy Page Wiring w/ Bourns PDB183-GTR DPDT Push/Pull Pots
- 2 x .022 µF Mallory 150 Polyester Film Capacitors
- Switchcraft Short Frame Toggle Switch - Gold
- 2x Switchcraft #11 Mono Output Jacks - Gold
Push/Pull Switching functions as follows:
- Neck Volume - Neck Pickup Coil Split (Inner Slug Coil Active)
- Bridge Volume - Bridge Pickup Coil Split (Inner Slug Coil Active*)
- Neck Tone - Series/Parallel Switching
- Bridge Tone - Bridge Pickup Phase Reverse* In combination with the coil split bridge will result in activation of the screw coil.
All electronics function properly without any static or scratching. No notable wear with the exception a fair amount of patina on the original gold hardware. Comes complete with a nice and clean Glarry branded hard case that fits this guitar very well.